Upgrading Kitchen Sink for Decor Theme (HTML WYSIWYG editor)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Upgrading Kitchen Sink for Decor Theme (HTML WYSIWYG editor)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JohnTx
    Participant

Can you recommend, a kitchen sink plugin (HTML WYSIWYG editor) that will work with Genesis and Decor theme that will give us enhanced formatting capabilities for our posts?  I want more control over fonts, and layout without rewriting the templates.  Thank you kindly.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    There are bunches of plugins that you can try that are entirely independent of Genesis or that theme.  I hope one works for you.

This topic is a tricky one. No editor plugin, no matter how skillfully intended or written, can guarantee satisfaction with the incredibly complex process of WYSIWYG editing.  I have a designer partner who is super finicky about fonts, colors, etc.  She goes wild with WYSIWYG editing, and sometimes pulls it off.   But in every project, a block of my time is devoted to fixing weird things that she has accidentally done doing this, or writing CSS overrides to get what she wanted in the first place.

I use other methods for the finicky that can help, like Custom Fields that are CSS-styled, Custom Post Types, etc.  These can allow a person to get very granular and controlled, but geek required.

In this DIY world we’re in, dissatisfaction with the appearance of web pages is almost universal.  The bottom line: WYSIWYG editing is not, and never will be, Photoshop.  :-)

Good luck!

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.