Uploading exact offline site (Widgets and all)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Uploading exact offline site (Widgets and all)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stevebeans 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

stevebeans

Hey there,

Last time I worked on my theme offline, I uploaded the theme, set it active and the theme was changed, but many settings inside the theme were reset to default. I had no widgets, no header, the title was not there, etc.

What I’m wondering is, for my next site, is there a way I can set it up completely offline, including widgets, and upload it to the live version without re-doing all the little things? I basically want to work offline, upload it, change themes, and have my new theme look exactly like it did offline.

Thanks!

anitac
    Participant

Wellllll, you might still need to drag a few things in there. When you moved it the last time, did you Export the Theme Settings under Genesis > Import/Export as seen in this screenshot?

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d726p35ec

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  anitac.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  anitac.

stevebeans

Thanks for the reply. No, no export. I simply made the changes to where I wanted it offline, then uploaded the theme. That’s probably where I went wrong, and export hopefully should do the trick next time. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.