Use a custom menu depending on page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Use a custom menu depending on page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  netyourcatch 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

netyourcatch
    Participant

In my theme, I only use the primary menu except for some custom page templates which will disable the primary menu and use one of a selection of menus defined in the Appearance > Menus section as secondary nav menu.

I’m a bit stuck on how to select that menu for display (e.g. I have created menu1, menu2, menu3, etc on the Appearance > Menus page and I would like to have menu3 display as the secondary nav menu on a specific page only) – any suggestions as to how to do this please?

braddalton
    Participant

The Genesis Simple Menus plugin might do this or you can use a custom function with conditional. Not difficult.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

netyourcatch
    Participant

Thanks Brad. I did try the Genesis Simple Menus plugin but it seems to conflict with the child theme I’m using (Dynamik for Genesis). Please could you guide me to implement the custom function with conditional option?

braddalton
    Participant

netyourcatch
    Participant

Brad, nothing in there that is related to my query unfortunately. I’m looking for a snippet that allows you to choose which of the custom menus (created in Appearance > Menus) to select and display that menu on a page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.