Use different image header size

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Use different image header size

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim.S 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tim.S
    Participant

Greetings:

I’m using the latest Minimum theme and desire to use a different size header image than what the standard specs call for. (for example, 800 X 165) My initial instinct would be to find the css associated with the header and change it in there. But when I posed this to support, they mentioned the functions php would need to be edited as well.

So, what are the locations (css and function.php) of where the specs (width and height) need to be adjusted. Or, is this a bad idea in that the header image size is meant to accomdate other structural components of the theme?

Thanks

Tim

ameeker
    Participant

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 960, ‘height’ => 100, ‘textcolor’ => ’444′, ‘admin_header_callback’ => ‘minimum_admin_style’ ) );

This line in the functions.php file will have to be adjusted, too. It defines the width and height of the custom header function that one can use by way of the Appearance>Header function accessed through the Dashboard. So you can change the CSS alone (and you’ll have to change the CSS of the #header), but if you didn’t also change the width/height here, your changes wouldn’t display properly.

Tim.S
    Participant

Thanks

That worked!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.