Use of Attribute in Minimum's portfolio?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Use of Attribute in Minimum's portfolio?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WPMonkey
    Participant

I was wondering what is the use of Attributes > Parent in the Minimum Pro theme’s portfolio?

Is this a way to group the portfolio pieces visually? I assigned one as the parent of the other, but the “child” no longer displayed. I looked through the theme documentation, but did not find any references to this feature or what it would be used for.

cdils
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m not sure I understand your question. Can you explain what you are wanting to achieve?

Thanks,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

WPMonkey
    Participant

First of all, I would like to be able to group different portfolio posts – so that when someone goes to the portfolio they can see that they are grouped or categorized differently in some way. Whether this is a heading, a tag, sub-pages, either way just so long as it apparent/

There is a an Attributes section within the Portfolio custom post types (the Portfolio that is provided with the Minimum Pro theme) listing the other portfolio custom post types in the drop down. What is this? What is the functionality?

cdils
    Participant

Oh okay, I gotcha. The “parent” Attribute is a way of organizing posts/pages in a hierarchy. For example, a post named “This” under a Parent post named “That” would could have a URL structure like: http://sample.com/that/this.

I think what you’re looking for is a way to categorize portfolio items (similar to post categories). In the WordPress vernacular, you’d need to create a custom taxonomy and assign it to the portfolio custom post type.

It can definitely be done, but is a customization and not included in the theme.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.