Use smaller image size in RSS feed?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Use smaller image size in RSS feed?

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shelli 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shelli

How do I get my RSS feed to pull a smaller image size. In Pretty Pictures my images are 1024px wide, but this size is huge in an RSS email and especially does not work in Mailchimp, which is 600px wide.

Not sure if this was helpful, but I have regenerated a new thumbnail size of 580px. I have seen plugins and instructions for pulling a Featured Image into RSS, but the images I need to change are in the content. I essentially need to have the RSS feed grab the 580px image instead of the content image.

Any ideas?

http://www.shellibourque.com/

Robin
    Participant

Shelli, you can try this solution which a friend put together for me a few years ago. Add it to your functions file (make a backup first). Since it’s working with an RSS feed, you probably won’t be able to see the changes until cache is cleared or a new post is posted. You might want to delete the thumbnail lines (I was posting galleries and didn’t want the thumbs going to the feed) and just use the very last line, replacing 700 with 1024. I made as many comments as I could.

I used it for years, tweaking sizes when I changed my process or theme, and it never failed me. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

shelli

Robin, it worked perfectly! Thank you so much. You have made my day with your quick and helpful answer to my issue. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.