Using Custom Post Types in the widgets area

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Using Custom Post Types in the widgets area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wpsmith 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chikamiku
    Participant

Thanks for publishing such a great content. Just one question please. I have created few custom post types. Now I want to display in various sections of the index page where they will be linked to their respective pages. May I know hw can place these custom post types in various sections of the index page by using widgets?

Curremntly, I can not see method by using which I could display the post types in the section I want.

Any and all hep will be appreciated.

Thanks

chikamiku
    Participant

I joined genesis framework community. I am sorry to say there is almost no support. I am already fed up with this all. Would you like to prove me wrong. I am sure YOU can.

Hoping to hear from YOU

And_or
    Participant

When I insert the title of your question “Using Custom Post Types in the widgets area”  into Google and just add “Genesis” to it the answer is in the first link of the results (and in the second one )  :-)

You can use the plugin by Nick the Geek.

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

wpsmith

I am not sure I understand what you are asking? The Genesis Featured Widget Amplified enables you to accomplish the use of custom post types in widget areas. If you are asking for a custom approach then I recommend using the template hierarchy from WordPress. Or, if you do not mind, can you please elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to accomplish?

Travis Smith | Recommended StudioPress Developer & Contributor
    WP Smith | @wp_smith | GitHub

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.
    How to use Firebug for Designers by SixRevisions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.