Using Custom Post Types in the widgets area

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Using Custom Post Types in the widgets area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wpsmith 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chikamiku
    Participant

Thanks for publishing such a great content. Just one question please. I have created few custom post types. Now I want to display in various sections of the index page where they will be linked to their respective pages. May I know hw can place these custom post types in various sections of the index page by using widgets?

Curremntly, I can not see method by using which I could display the post types in the section I want.

Any and all hep will be appreciated.

Thanks

chikamiku
    Participant

I joined genesis framework community. I am sorry to say there is almost no support. I am already fed up with this all. Would you like to prove me wrong. I am sure YOU can.

Hoping to hear from YOU

And_or
    Participant

When I insert the title of your question “Using Custom Post Types in the widgets area” ¬†into Google and just add “Genesis” to it the answer is in the first link of the results (and in the second one ) ¬†:-)

You can use the plugin by Nick the Geek.

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

wpsmith

I am not sure I understand what you are asking? The Genesis Featured Widget Amplified enables you to accomplish the use of custom post types in widget areas. If you are asking for a custom approach then I recommend using the template hierarchy from WordPress. Or, if you do not mind, can you please elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to accomplish?

Travis Smith | Recommended StudioPress Developer & Contributor
    WP Smith | @wp_smith | GitHub

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.
    How to use Firebug for Designers by SixRevisions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.