Using different layouts in single theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Using different layouts in single theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BrendaGaelSmith 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BrendaGaelSmith
    Participant

I would like to use WordPress as a CMS for a simple 10-12 page website with a one-column layout.  However, I would like to include a sidebar with various widgets on the blog page.  I’ve seen tutorials for setting up custom pages but I’m wondering if there is a more simple method?

Brenda

anitac
    Participant

With Genesis Framework – you can have all of your pages “one-column” layout. For the Blog page, you can select content-sidebar layout which will give you the column for your widgets. You create a Page called “Blog” or whatever you want to call it. Then select go to the Template and select blog. Scroll down and select the content-sidebar layout and save. That’s it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

BrendaGaelSmith
    Participant

Thank you.  I tried something like this but was missing the “scroll down” to Layout Settings step.  Duh.  It all works now.

Brenda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.