Using Genesis as a basic theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Using Genesis as a basic theme

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jodzeee 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jodzeee
    Participant

I was thinking of using the basic Genesis theme to start a website to get some sample pages in and play around with possible layouts, navigation, etc. before diving deeper into the design aspect. Basically using it for wireframes. Is there a How To and an XML file for getting Genesis to look like the demo like other themes have?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  jodzeee.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  jodzeee.

Anita
    Participant

You can download the Sample Child Theme here – http://www.studiopress.com/free-themes/sample. You should modify the Framework itself. The file does contain an XML file that you can import to make it look like the demo.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

jodzeee
    Participant

Thank you!

Anita
    Participant

Yikes! I meant to say you should *not* modify the Genesis Framework itself!

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

jodzeee
    Participant

I knew what you meant, but thanks for the clarification for others who might see this post!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Using Genesis as a basic theme’ is closed to new replies.