Using page hierarchy as menu instead of custom menus

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Using page hierarchy as menu instead of custom menus

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

naruki09

Hi,

Before wordpress 3.0 (I think?) menus would be generated from your list of pages using the page hierarchy. These days menus are generated from the ‘custom menu’. Many menus support both, using the list of pages when a custom menu isn’t specified.

I’ve recently switched to genesis (magazine pro theme) and it does not support using your pages as menu items.
    My problem with this is that I have too many pages to be manually adding and then sorting/grouping etc to a new menu. I’ve already been at it for an hour and am now quite frustrated. I was wondering if there was a way for the primary menu to be set by the list of page hierarchy and the secondary menu by the custom menu.

Many thanks,

http://www.wamss.org.au

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

You can build custom menu with all pages listing by going to “view all” tab. Click to select pages that should be added to menu as items and click ‘add to menu’ button.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.