Using Royal Slider with Genesis & Eleven40

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Using Royal Slider with Genesis & Eleven40

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  electricbrick 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Smarty
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know or has anyone used the Royal Slider from Codecanyon.

http://codecanyon.net/item/royalslider-touch-content-slider-for-wordpress/700256?ref=Semenov

It will suit a project I am working on perfectly but I would like to make sure it is compatible with Genesis and Eleven40 Theme before I buy it.

Or, can anyone recommend anything with similar functionality.

I need it to be mobile responsive, to popular with images (not just featured image from post/page), handle video and have multiple sliders on one page.

Thanks

Web Design, Development & Consultancy

Being The Best He Can Be! | http://www.paul-smart.co.uk

SoZo

If it is coded properly then there shouldn’t be any problems.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

electricbrick
    Participant

I have used both and they’ll be 100% fine together. It’s pretty simple to embed the necessary PHP into your homepage template, or drop the new Royal Slider into any widget area. And Royal is definitely worth the money.

Are you aware of the Genesis responsive slider? May want to give that a whirl, too, and save a few bucks.

Smarty
    Participant

Hi SoZo & electricbrick,

Thanks for your replies. I downloaded Royal Slider (for aus’ $20 = £13 uk) I figured it was worth a play and on my local and test sites it seems fine. So thanks.

electricbrick – Yes, I am aware of Genesis responsive slider and am using it on another project, although, as far as I am aware I can only use it with “featured images” from posts, whereas with Royal Slider I can just upload images and include in slider, which if I have a gallery of images from a band for example is quite handy.

I quite like wp-cycle used on other Studiopress themes but could not see anywhere an option for thumbnails, which for a music based site I feel is important. I also need a solution that includes video capability for this project.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Web Design, Development & Consultancy

Being The Best He Can Be! | http://www.paul-smart.co.uk

electricbrick
    Participant

Then the license for Royal Slider that you just purchased is exactly the right way to go! It will require you or your client to fill in the image or video content and accompanying captions with each slide, and I don’t know if you can mix-and-match image slide content with video slide content or not. There are SO many options with the update to Royal that I haven’t had much opportunity to test them all out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.