Using text only for the News Theme header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Using text only for the News Theme header

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wp guy 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wesmcdermott
    Participant

Hi,

Had the news theme installed on an old domain, just moved everything over to a new domain, now I need to change the logo back to text until I can get a new logo designed. How would I revert back to a text header as is the same with the demo?

Thanks.

wp guy
    Participant

1) In Genesis, click text instead of image for logo.

or

2) Appearance – Themes – Customize – Site Title & Tagline – Display header text.

wesmcdermott
    Participant

Hi,

I have done that but get a blank header with description text only. Site is http://goo.gl/qzb1d

wp guy
    Participant

Hmmm, when you click Settings – General – do you have a site title?

wesmcdermott
    Participant

Yes, it’s Hitting the Green…

wp guy
    Participant

Then I’m at a loss. Personally I’d just open my photo program, type the site title and upload as your temp logo.

wesmcdermott
    Participant

Yes, I think I am going to have to do that. Though I was hoping to find a simpler way as I’m totally clueless on design. How would I find the font used and how would I get that? Cheers for your help!

wp guy
    Participant

Well, using Firebug I’m not seeing a font defined for your title area but it appears your H1 is using the Oswald font family. If it’s just a temp text logo I’d just choose any font that looks decent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Using text only for the News Theme header’ is closed to new replies.