Variable for using Genesis Images?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Variable for using Genesis Images?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  goddess 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

goddess
    Participant

Hello. I’m working with the YARPP plugin to pull related content with thumbnails. It looks for the WP post thumbnail and uses that. Works fine, except a large number of my posts are using the Genesis fallback of calling up the first attached image without a featured image specifically set.

So basically, I’m looking to replace this code with the code that would call the Genesis-specific post images instead…

[code]
    <?php if (has_post_thumbnail()):?>
    <li><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></a></li>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/code]

I’m not clear if I will have to write a function to set up this image in my functions.php or if I can use a Genesis variable. I have created the proper image size in my functions and generated the thumbnails I need (yarpp-thumbnail). Pointing me in the right direction or toward a reference would be much appreciated. I’m not a coder, only hack out what I need.

Thanks!

cehwitham
    Participant

Here’s a good article about Genesis image functions and their use:

http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tutorials/genesis-explained-image-functions

Might be helpful.

There’s also information about setting a default fallback image here:

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-set-a-default-fallback-image-for-wordpress-post-thumbnails/

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

goddess
    Participant

Thanks for that. I will be coming back to this as I have time. For now, I’m skipping the images.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.