Very New to Gensis

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Very New to Gensis

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  askmediy 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

askmediy

Hi everyone I’m Dominick. I havent bought a theme or the genesis framework just yet. I wanted to ask a few questions to real users first. Here we go.

I have a few plugins that are very important to me. Or will these just work once I switch over.
    All my current widgets are also very important. Will I be able to still use them.

May seem like silly questions but as you would know these are important… Thank you for your time..

nutsandbolts

Hi Dominick, and welcome!

Your plugins and widgets should have no problem working with Genesis – it’s just like any other WordPress theme. That said, I would recommend taking note of the order of your current widgets (and copying any content such as text widgets to a document on your computer) before you activate Genesis just to be on the safe side. Sometimes when you switch to another theme, the widgets will go into the inactive widget section or may disappear entirely and need to be added again (that’s not a Genesis-specific thing; it can happen with any theme change). Since many Genesis themes have a header right widget area, it’s common for your sidebar widgets to end up in that header right area when you activate the theme, but you can just drag them back into the primary sidebar.

I hope that helps! If you have other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

askmediy

Yes a big help thank you very much. Hey one more if you don’t mind. I love my current theme and Studio press really doesn’t have a theme that will work for me right out of the box. Can you recommend someone to help change the look and feel to what I have now. Someone who can be trusted. Thanks again.

nutsandbolts

I do Genesis conversions – feel free to fill out the quote form on my site (link is below in my signature) if you’d like to get your site moved over while keeping the look it has now.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

askmediy

Thanks Andrea I did send of the info. As well I ended buying News Pro over the weekend that I would like to see if you can change some of the css to look more like my existing site. I’ve been toying around on a test site. But only with the awesome widgets and stuff.
    So let me know when you can. I rather pay you to do it for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.