very strange bug: logged in vs. logged out

Community Forums Forums General Discussion very strange bug: logged in vs. logged out

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  craiggrella 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

little shiva
    Participant

I started getting reports of a very strange bug on a site I designed, so I checked it out and yep, it happens to me too. I hadn’t noticed it at all because when I’m logged in to the site to work on it, I publish an article and see it appear right away on the site. But in a couple categories I’ve been working on, the most recent post does NOT show up when you’re logged out – in other words, it’s not visible to random viewers until days later. I have no idea why this is happening. Does anyone have a clue? I uploaded a composite I made of two screenshots, taken seconds apart. The top image shows what I see when I’m logged in (most recent article starts with “Un antidote…”) and the second screenshot shows what I saw after logging out (page refresh makes no difference). http://www.littleshiva.com/i/logged-in-vs-logged-out.jpg

The link I’m including i the webform below is the link to the category on the site (one of them) in which I’m having this problem.

http://www.lcr-lagauche.org/category/rubriques/livre-andre-henry/

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

It’s your caching plugin. Not the theme.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

craiggrella

I thought I’d leave a note here since I recently experienced a similar issue.
    In my case, and I suspect its the same for other similar cases, the issue was caused by the woocommerce stylesheets being minified.

There could be any number of stylesheets active depending on how many woo extensions / plugins you have active because many of them include their own stylesheets.

For me, I was running a simple installation with the Name Your Price Extension. The files I needed to exclude from minification were:

/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/assets/css/woocommerce-layout.css
    /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/assets/css/woocommerce.css
    /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/assets/css/woocommerce-smallscreen.css
    /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-name-your-price/assets/css/name-your-price.css

Another way you can check this is to pull up your dev tools on the page in question when the caching plugin(s) is deactivated. In Chrome, Go to your Network tab, then Stylesheets, and find anything dealing with woocommerce. You can then exclude those from the caching plugin one by one to see which one is the offender.

Hope that helps someone else out there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.