Video in Featured Image on Metro Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Video in Featured Image on Metro Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mattOVM 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m currently creating a site using Metro Pro.

I’d like for a video (vimeo or youtube, I can use whatever works) to show up in the primary featured image on the home page. It’d be PERFECT if it could play from there rather than just being a screen capture that clicks through to a post page.

I’ve read multiple discussion on this issue and have tried a few methods. The one that seems to have some promise is as instructed in another post. It seems to be “working” in the dashboard but once published, nothing is showing up on the site.

Any suggestions? I’d love to find a solution using Metro Pro, but I’m open to switching to another theme if it creates a suitable solution. Responsive design is the only absolute requirement. Thanks in advance for your help!

As a follow up to help others, I received some help from Andrea by submitting a support ticket.

She suggested I used a text widget to display the video. So in the Widget area I took out the “Featured Post” widget in Home – Top. I then added a Text widget with my embedded video code. I’ve tested, both Vimeo and YouTube embed codes work.

I then added another Text Widget below my “Video” Text Widget to display the copy that I wanted posted below the video. Within that copy I was able to link to other areas, posts, and pages inside the site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.