Hello and question about Video Posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Hello and question about Video Posts

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

achuka

hi

I’m new to the forum here, having just started using the Genesis framework
    Currently working on getting the ‘look’ of achuka.co.uk/blog finished off to my liking – was previously working with a Pinboard-based child theme which allowed video posts…
    Video posts don’t appear to come in the News Pro theme out of the box and if you look at my site and scroll down to the section of posts from the Photography category you will see that the top one has no featured image – that’s because in the Pinboard theme a video post would use the video as the featured image…
    http://www.achuka.co.uk/blog/timelapse-photographer-michael-shainblun-talks-about-his-art-his-dyslexia/
    Am sure I’ll manage to find a workaround in due course, but hoping someone here can speed me on the way to a solution

You will also see one of the featured images in the Featured Posts widget (centre column) has been awkwardly cropped despite my rebuilding thumbnails (many of them!) after activating the new theme.

Any thoughts?

Looking forward to hanging out here.

Michael
    ACHUKA

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  achuka.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  achuka.
    http://www.achuka.co.uk/blog

AC
    Blocked

I use the Video Thumbnails plugin. It will pull the default video thumbnail used on the video.

achuka

If I install that plugin now will it work retrospectively on old posts or only on new ones?

AC
    Blocked

I believe it should work retroactively. I normally install it as part of my installation process, but if for some reason it doesn’t. Let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.