Want to modify post-info

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Want to modify post-info

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wendycholbi 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cspowers
    Participant

Greetings,

I am using Genesis 1.9.2 and the Prose theme version 1.5.2.

I want to modify the post-info  line. In particular, I want to modify the “Leave a comment” link. If the page is a blog page or an arcive page that’s a listing of posts, I want the post-info line to say “Read full post” and have a link to the single page for the post. (On my blog page, I show featured image and the excerpt, so it doesn’t make sense to give the reader the opportunity to Leave a comment if he or she has not read it yet.) If the post-info is beign displayed on a single post page, then I’d like to use the current “Leave a comment” link which takes you to the bottom of the page where the comment area is.

I think I understand, WP, and Genesis enough to hack out the right code. My problem is, I can’t figure out where the is generated. Does anyone know the function I’d have to replace or the which file in the themes I need to look at?

Thanks

Calvin

wendycholbi
    Participant

You could start with these snippets, modifying them as necessary to display different info on single pages vs. archive pages:

http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/post-info/

Since you’re using Prose, you should paste any PHP snippets into Genesis –> Custom Code –> Custom Functions, NOT into the functions.php file as that tutorial suggests. This will let you make your changes without directly modifying the theme files.

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.