Want to replace slider with recent posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Want to replace slider with recent posts

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rick4him 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rick4him
    Participant

I’d like to replace the slider on the home page with the recent posts (then have the lastest posts in certain categories below, sort of like it is now.)

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

marybaum
    Participant

You do that in the Widgets area of your dashboard.

Down the side of that area, you’ll see all your widget-ready areas. The bulk of the page has all your available widgets.

if you open each widget area, you’ll see what widgets are already installed in it. You can swap them in and out just by dragging. Right now, it sounds as if your Home-Top area has the slider widget in it – which one I can’t tell without access to the back end of your site.

So just drag that slider widget outta there and replace it with the Latest Posts widget – and DO read through the options carefully. I’m forever forgetting to check the Include Featured Image box after carefully choosing all the options for it – and then scratching my head when the durned featured images don’t show up on the page with the posts. (ADHD much?) So save your fingernails, and be sure you’ve checked what you want to check and unchecked what you don’t want checked.

It’s one of my favorite things about Genesis – and WP in general – you can change the look of a page completely just by changing widgets in and out.

MB

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

rick4him
    Participant

Thanks so much for your help. I ended up using the featured posts widget and selecting all categories  Is that what you meant? (I didn’t see a recent post widget.)
    Thanks.

marybaum
    Participant

You’re absolutely right. I suppose it wouldn’t kill me to open some of these pages to make sure I’m referring to the right thing when I’m shooting my mouth off and sounding as if I know something. ;-)

Recent posts and recent pages are deprecated.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

rick4him
    Participant

:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Want to replace slider with recent posts’ is closed to new replies.