Was working on site and site glitched and locked up

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Was working on site and site glitched and locked up

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kmb 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kmb
    Participant

Know I am geting this code and I can not login to my site. I was using your snippets to adjust my breadcrumbs and went to delete the php from the functions.php and then got this reading

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/fbdoc/public_html/everythingswimmingpools.com/wp-content/themes/magazine/functions.php on line 134

Please help me, I am a rookie and have zero php knowledge. I am hoping that someone can lead this camel to water and help me get back to work. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

kmb
    Participant

The website is http://www.everythingswimmingpools.com

The home page loads but can not login or navigate around.  Thanks again

Susan

The cleanest way to resolve this is to FTP into your hosting site, delete the theme that is currently in there, and upload a fresh copy of your theme.

Have you done much customization of your site? You will lose any customization of your stylesheet by doing this, in which case you can delete the functions.php file, and replace it with a clean copy.

I also recommend Nick’s Tutorial on site recovery tips and tricks:

http://designsbynickthegeek.com/tutorials/site-recovery-tips-and-tricks

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

AC
    Blocked

I would recommend just copying over a fresh functions.php from your desktop to your host via FTP since you were only modifying that file.

Susan

That’s a better suggestion, Anita. Thanks :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

kmb
    Participant

Thank you all for the help. I am ok with ftp, I just did not know if that was a file I could simply replace. Thanks for the help and have a nice week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.