Website Width in Metro Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Website Width in Metro Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

PowerNetworx

I am assisting a friend with setting up her website using the Metro Pro theme, and I have been having a difficult time figuring out why the website’s width drastically decreases or “shrinks” whenever adjustments are made to the page background color or using a custom background image. (Dashboard —> Appearance —> Background) The display options I selected are Position: Center, Repeat: No Repeat, Attachment: Fixed, Background Color: #ffffff While using these settings, the website’s width is so small that the sidebars have been pushed toward the bottom of the blog postings and pages.

Please see attached image:
    Decreased Width

I have been trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days now and I am stumped. Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

From your screenshot it appears your browser zoom is set to 125%+

Restore zoom level to 100% and then check.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

PowerNetworx

Thank you for replying, Davinder. My browser’s view is correctly set at 100%. Fortunately, I was able to diagnose the problem and it appears as though there was a conflict with the W3 Total Cache plugin. I deactivated the plugin and the website width issue has been fixed.

I suspect it has something to do with the plugin’s minify settings, but I can’t seem to find the right configuration that will allow me to use W3 Total Cache with this theme. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, I’m all ears.

Regards.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Cache plugins can cause such issue when they partial load back-end files that breaks the layout.

I use wp super cache plugin and wp minify plugin combo – works like charm.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.