What do you think about this theme?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion What do you think about this theme?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jimmyc 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jimmyc
    Participant

Hi,

I know there are a LOT of genesis experts here.

I’ve found a genesis theme but would like to know if you think that the theme below is nice in terms of genesis coding?

Sales page: http://twohourblogger.com/themes/conversion/

Demo: http://demo.twohourblogger.com/conversion/

Best regards,

Jim

AC
    Blocked

The top looks like a two widget area when it’s not. It’s one text widget with the aweber inside and a photo image. The inside pages don’t appear to have the sidebars. You would have to look at the code to see if he included primary and secondary sidebars. The footer area has two widget areas – left and right. So you should inquire with the theme developer BEFORE you buy it – to see if the inside sidebars are present as well as the other things you noted in your email to me.

jimmyc
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you very much for your analysis.

I have send an email to the developer. I’m going to wait for an reply.

Best regards,

Jim

Robert Neu
    Participant

I’d be a little concerned about that one. It’s hard to say without seeing the back-end code but it looks pretty screwed up on the front end. Not only is he  loading his own version of  jQuery, which is a pretty bad idea all by itself… He’s not even dequeueing the version in WordPress core.

You’d probably be better off sticking with themes that have been endorsed by StudioPress or at least using ones that are built by developers who have a reputation for quality.

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

jimmyc
    Participant

Hi,

Thats bad, i really like that theme.

Going to look further.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.