What e Commerce plug in shall I use on the Genesis framework?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion What e Commerce plug in shall I use on the Genesis framework?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sumu 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sebgates
    Participant

Hi, I want to build a small shop on my website. It is the first shop I have built, there will only be a few products to start with. I will be shipping in the UK only. I want to use a simple plugin (if possible) that works well on the Genesis Framework. I have read a number of articles on the web about the e commerce options available on WordPress. I don’t mind paying some money for the plugin if it makes the process simple and stress free.

Question: Has anyone used an e commerce plugin with the Genesis Framework and if so which one do you think would suit my needs?

Thanks – Seb

Pixel Frau
    Participant

I’ve used WooCommerce for several Genesis sites. It might be a bit more robust than what you’re looking for though. Looking forward to hearing about other’s ecommerce recommendations.

Sumu
    Participant

I was just about to ask the same question when I stumbled upon this post!

Pixel Frau – can you give some hints regarding the implementation or point to a tutorial?

The Woothemes guide talks about duplicating page.php, which is in the Genesis framework folder – no good to touch that…

Thanks!

Sumu

Sumu
    Participant

Oups, shame on me – did not browse the forum enough…

The answer is: add Genesis Connect, paste

<code>add_theme_support( 'genesis-connect-woocommerce' );</code>

into the functions file, and be happy.

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.