What Genesis plugins from wordpress.org do you suggest everyone downloads?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion What Genesis plugins from wordpress.org do you suggest everyone downloads?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RonnyMac 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Solicitors
    Participant

Good Evening! (From where I’m from at least).

I use wordpress to make corporate websites for myself rather than blog, so I tend to learn all about wordpress, then never touch the back end for a year or more, and then have to re-learn it all over again because I’ve forgotten!

Since I last had fun setting up “Corporate” I can see a ton of changes to both Genesis and it’s plugins. In fact, there are a TON of Genesis plugins at wordpress.org, although some of those are over a year old and are not tested with wordpress 3.5.1?

I have just within the last hour purchased “Agency” and am just now having fun re-learning wordpress again.

What Genesis plugins do you suggest every Genesis and Child Theme user install to make everything simpler/more powerful? ARE there any? Or should everyone stick to the default theme advised plugins?

Would be grateful for any thoughts. I am first attracted for example by http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/genesis-widgetized-footer/ for changing the copyright info to my company, where before I remember using Genesis simple hooks plugin (itself seemingly out of date now?).

Thanks!

Joseph Lee
    Participant

Genesis offers a plugin to manage the footer information. It’s Genesis Edits. You can download it from the plugins area of this site. :)

SoZo

Genesis Featured Widget Amplified

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

RonnyMac
    Participant

For Genesis, I use Nav Menu Amplified, Simple Edits, and Simple Hooks.

That is all.

I’ve tried a few of the others but it’s a bang for the buck issue for me. It doesn’t take long to have a few dozen plugins running on a site. Sometimes, less is more.

Other plugins I like, though, include Amazon S3 for WordPress (makes Amazon your CDN), Google XML Sitemaps, Mini Loops, Shortcodes Pro, Simple Lightbox, Use Google Libraries, WP-DB Manager, WP Super Cache and Quick Cache, among a few others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.