What Responsive theme to structure a site like this?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion What Responsive theme to structure a site like this?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

computerkitten
    Participant

Liking the design of this website, with the grid gallery of images on the Home page and a 2nd page via just 1 link in the menu.

Website is here:

http://tinyurl.com/lkhtxeb

What one of the Responsive themes would be good for this kind of design?

Assume to use a gallery plugin, maybe like Media Gallery, within the Home widget areas (one of them).

Thanks!

Anita
    Participant

Hello, can you post the URL without using the Tinyurl? We’ve recently had some bad links on the forum and I am really hesitant to click that. Or just link the URL using HTML. Thanks.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

computerkitten
    Participant

I really don’t want the link to get out into the search engine, thus why I posted Tiny URL. I’m a long time poster/member… trust me its not spam or anything to worry about.

Thanks!
    CK

Jeremy
    Participant

That’s a nice looking and very minimalist website.
    You don’t really need any StudioPress theme in particular as it’s really only two static pages.

I would recommend starting with the genesis sample child theme. Not using the widget sidbar or the primary or secondary nav and just adding a link to the two pages in the header right widget area.

Create a static homepage and select it under Settings > Readings > A static Front Page

As you mentioned you could use the Media Grid plugin for your portfolio front page and then have a full width second page.

If you want to say thanks Follow me on Twitter | My Website

Anita
    Participant

Will any pages or posts be attached to the images or are you just merely adding a gallery of images. The Balance Theme has a Portfolio page that you could use for your home page if you will be using posts – http://demo.studiopress.com/balance/templates/portfolio/. And it’s responsive.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.