When to use forums -vs- when to use support request?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion When to use forums -vs- when to use support request?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

We don’t have an exact time frame on when the old forums will be closed. We have a LOT we want to get out of there as we built out Knowledge Base. I’ll look into the plugin forum to see why it isn’t open. It use to be.

Speaking of the KB. This is the third leg of support that isn’t available. We understand that a lot of questions get asked repeatedly and now we have a good way to monitor that. We will be using this to track what is being asked regularly and use that to build up a KB. I”m not developing it so I get to dream big impossible dreams about what I want it to do. Then hope the dev team can make it a reality. Basically we want to see a system where the question will be scanned for key words before submitting then potentially relevant KB articles will be suggested. This makes for a much better system for helping users find answers before hitting the help desk.

And of course, we will continue to keep the forums as a super important part of the support system. If everything goes according to plan the KB and community forums actually become the primary means of support with the ticket system handling important issues more like a free “priority” support for technical and usage issues.

Summer
    Participant

Good to know they’ll be hanging around more than 30 days  :)

I’ve actually seen that type of “hints” behavior in a couple of places, bringing up KB articles as certain keywords are being entered into a ticket, and I’m pretty sure Media Temple is using something like that as part of their support ticketing system, too.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Please note also for the questions that people ask time and again – in the new http://my.studiopress.com/ members area are SETUP links on how to set up each tehme like the demo.

On the right are “Tutorials” and “Code Snippets”

These generally answer about 80% of the theme questions we get.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.