Where Are The Theme Specific Forums…

Community Forums Forums Forum Bugs and Suggestions Where Are The Theme Specific Forums…

This topic contains 54 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

mromero
    Participant

….where users can exchange their ideas and thoughts on best uses for StudioPress Themes, quirks, gossip about themes, frameworks, how I solved a particular problem and so on and so forth?

brother7
    Participant

I second this sentiment. I liked getting support from the Studiopress community, as well as the staff.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

If you have a technical issue with a particular theme, you go through the help desk. If it is general customization for any theme, that is what this forums is for. :)

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

ladygem
    Participant

It’s unfortunate that StudioPress is doing a ticket system, because a lot of times it is necessary to go back and forth… This also means that people can’t see others mistakes and learn from them or see others success and learn from them.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  ladygem.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  ladygem.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

They can if it’s custom code, as that will be dealt with here. :)

**forum signature**

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

ladygem
    Participant

Oh!! That’s great news. Thank you very much.

OT. How do I create an avatar? I go to profile and there is nothing there for my to click and add my avatar. In the old ‘read only’ forum it was simple…now I can’t find it.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

I see you found it. :) It should pull your gravatar by default.

**forum signature**

Twitterholic

ladygem
    Participant

:-) Thanks Andrea!

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Just to add a bit more to this. There aren’t theme specific forums because that is a bit of a nightmare to navigate and maintain. It was fine when there were just a few themes, but when people have too many options it gets to be a mess.

That said, if you are talking about a specific theme just use the tags feature to tag it. Then it will be easy to find other threads that are similarly tagged. It is a much better use of tags and keeps discussions grouped into sections that make more sense overall.

roar
    Participant

This feels like we will be able to get less support and help when using StudioPress themes. I feel concerned.

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

@ roar – with the new My.StudioPress member portal, you are able to fill out a help ticket and our staff will personally attend to your question. The forums here are only for general questions about WordPress and design, which might make you think that theme support is getting pushed aside.

road2ruin
    Participant

So my experience today has been to ask for code help through the members portal and: GOOD NEWS get a very quick response but BAD NEWS be told that code and such were being handled over here. This will get better after the migration is complete I’m guessing but it is a little frustrating. Oh well…great looking Forum and love the Genesis thought process. Still looking for some code help though….

Road2Ruin aka Michael LongRun Pictures

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

road2ruin,

Basically, customization questions will be directed here. It just doesn’t work to write up entire template files in the support portal. We don’t have the resources to provide unlimited customizations. We would have to charge more like $1000 per theme and $30,000 for Pro Plus to even come close to being able to hire enough qualified support personal to write custom solutions for everyone. In those instances we ask you to put your question before the community. We can’t guarantee the community will answer, but that is the same as what we would have done in the old forums.

road2ruin
    Participant

Thank you for your timely and elucidating response. I get that. And much appreciated. I have always liked the community forum code exchange. I will go there as I have many times before. I had thought the Portfolio question was an “easy” fix but the more I look the more I realize i don’t see it. Patience Grasshoppa is my new mantra.

Road2Ruin aka Michael LongRun Pictures

apt513
    Participant

It will be hard to search for issues pertaining to the theme you are working on without theme specific forums. It will just be a cluster* of questions and answers and it will take much longer to find what we are looking for.

I start to apply a “fix” just to realize that fix for for a different theme and it will not work for me.

Different themes use different sliders, css codes, etc.

I am very,very  concerned.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Where Are The Theme Specific Forums…’ is closed to new replies.