Where do I add php code?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Where do I add php code?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nicole2013 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nicole2013
    Participant

I am trying to move my site from Thesis to Genesis.

I have some php code which I need to move but I am not sure where to move it to:

This is the code:

<?php   if (is_page(‘test’)) { // pixenate page tag     include (ABSPATH . ‘/pixenate/index.php’);   }   ?>

<?php   if (is_page(‘arrow’)) { // pixenate page tag     include (ABSPATH . ‘/pixenate/arrow.php’);   }   ?>

I tried to paste it into the functions.php as is but it broke the theme. Please let me know where I should put it and if I should add anything to it.

David Chu
    Participant

Nicole,

I’m afraid that there’s not nearly enough info for someone to give an answer.  Someone would have to know lots of details about your site, about the Thesis and Genesis themes you’re working with, and what that bit of code is supposed to do.

I will say this… if that code is for a specific Thesis purpose, it may not work at all in Genesis, or it may at least need to be adapted for Genesis.  (that question may even be out of scope for Genesis support)  I actually have worked on Thesis 1.8, and liked it pretty well.  I haven’t worked on Thesis 2.0, which has been extremely controversial.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

nicole2013
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I have a “custom template” which I use on certain pages. When used the php code is inserted into the page. It isn’t directly related to Thesis but enables another program to work. I had a Freelancer do it so I am not really sure what it does :) I just know that I need the code to appear in the functions page and need to create a template somehow.

I also loved Thesis 1.8 and tried to move since I found Thesis 2 too difficult to work with. It seems like it will be too difficult to move so I guess I will just stick with Thesis….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.