Where do you get all the cutesy Images, Badges, Emblems

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Where do you get all the cutesy Images, Badges, Emblems

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

AC
    Blocked

Some of the themes are so cute and adorable. Where do you get all the cutesy Images, Badges, Emblems, Navigation Ribbons, etc., that are used? I’d like to try my hand at customizing something but need to find resources to get those things. I know how to use CSS to “colorize” a theme, but I think I am ready to graduate to using images, etc.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  AC.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  AC. Reason: typos
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  AC.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  AC. Reason: typos

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You can try any of the stock sites or search for royalty/commercial use images. I tend to create my own unless it is something really special.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

AC
    Blocked

Thank you Jen. Can you tell me what search terms I would use? I do have a Fotolia account. Also what file type would I be searching for?

Susan

I purchased my avatar (it’s a much larger image) from istock; some of the StudioPress themes which come with vectors (cartoon style images) are also from istock.

For banners and other types of embellishments, you can try googling “digital scrapbook papers”. A lot of etsy sellers sell digital imagery.

Or, you can try doing it yourself, using Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements. On my blog, I created my pink navigation bar with the white lace edging,  my blog button and social media buttons  using picmonkey, a free image editing website.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

You can also try http://graphicriver.net/, search for vectors, etc. Just be careful in reading terms of use on every site. If you have questions on terms of use, ask them before you purchase. Sometimes the cost is higher if you use them commercially or if you plan on using them in a distribution situation. And, sometimes you need to give attribution.

commercial use graphics, commercial use backgrounds, royalty free graphics, etc.
    You can be more specific depending on what you are looking for.

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

AC
    Blocked

Wow, thanks ladies. I actually love Picmonkey. I was using Picnik until Google purchased them. I will do some research starting today. I want a “cutesy” website. I purchased a brand new domain name and my current business/website is going away. 2013 is going to be a brand new “cutesy” year for me!

Susan

Sounds good, Anita – I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where do you get all the cutesy Images, Badges, Emblems’ is closed to new replies.