Where & how to Edit & save html?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Where & how to Edit & save html?

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mkatty 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mkatty
    Participant

I’ve always been stumped on where to edit the html & save it, where does it go? I can edit it via Firebug and view the change, but then what? Where does it live in WordPress? (html).

Specifically, I want to add a link to client site in my portfolio, under the thumbnail, using NextGen gallery (not essential that I use that image gallery – just seemed easier?).

Does that make sense? Is it possible?
    This is the gallery so far, my test site – http://moondip.com/portfolio/

Thanks!
    ~Kitty

mkatty
    Participant

Btw, I’m aware of the text editor within WP (as opposed to the visual) but don’t think that’s an answer when trying to label/link within the gallery. When I did a Google search for my question above, that seemed to be all that I found…

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Since you’re using the NextGen plugin, you might have more luck asking their support if it’s possible to add that functionality. Otherwise, you could display the same images on a page using Genesis column classes and put the link under each one manually, though you’d still need a plugin to display the images in a lightbox (I’m a big fan of FooBox).

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

mkatty
    Participant

Hey Andrea,

Thanks for replying. I think I’ll try a dif image gallery. Maybe just use Jetpack or the default WP gallery.
    Thanks again!
    :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.