Where is modernizr located?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Where is modernizr located?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aaron1728 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jason Weber

I’m getting a javascript error that is preventing a plugin from functioning properly. I contacted the plugin author (paid plugin), and he looked over the site and told me this:

Modernizr 1.6ish: miniModernizr for Isotope detected. This version is known to cause issues with async JavaScript loaders. Please upgrade to at least 2.6: http://modernizr.com/

I’m using Cobalt’s Dynamik-Gen child theme. So if I was to check on this, where would I look? I cannot seem to find modernizr.js anywhere.

Or should I be asking in the Cobalt forums?

http://www.occupyhln.org

nutsandbolts

You’ll probably get better results in the Cobalt forum if the error is theme-related; StudioPress doesn’t provide support for Dynamik.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Jason Weber

Thanks Andrea. I know that on Facebook, you were one of the people who convinced me to go with Genesis / Dynamik-Gen …. I’m http://www.facebook.com/jasonpaulweber ….

nutsandbolts

I thought your name sounded familiar! The site is looking great – have you been pleased with Dynamik so far?

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Jason Weber

Absolutely, Andrea, and thanks. It’s pretty loaded with plugins, so I’m working on getting the page load times down as best as possible. I’m up to 94% / 89% in gtmetrix on my homepage.

Once I’m settled in on a taxonomy, then I’ll start SEO’ing the site, which is what I’m trained in.

The hosting has been an issue. HostGator just didn’t jive well. I was deciding between BlueHost and DreamHost. DreamHost says they have DreamPress, which is optimized for WordPress.

BlueHost had opcode APC caching and things like that. I went with BlueHost for the time being, but I’m easily swayed and purchase on a whim, so I’m always apt to switch.

But I LOVE the default look of Genesis/Dynamik and general layout … and of course Dynamik gives you so many options to do so many things. I really wanna learn more about these templates, labels, and conditionals, but haven’t had time to learn what they’re all about yet.

nutsandbolts

I’ll be honest with you – BlueHost is not much of an improvement over HostGator – they’re owned by the same huge conglomerate (that happens to own 75% of the big name hosting companies) and they’re all terrible. DreamHost is THE WORST other than GoDaddy. Look at Big Scoots Hosting – it’s a smaller company but their support is amazing.

If you want to email me a list of your plugins, I’d be glad to look over them and see if there are some things you could get rid of or swap out.

Jason Weber

Yes, I know they’re both owned by EIG … I’ll shoot you an e-mail although I think my plugins are pretty solid.

aaron1728
    Participant

Sigh… I have been with Bluehost since 2003. Their merge with Mojo has me pondering taking 180 domains to another host.

They were once the cream of hosting but some conglomerate saw a cash cow with potential for upselling and reduction of costs with much worse support, and it’s almost unusable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.