Where is my META data?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Where is my META data?

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dekruyff 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dekruyff

Hi folks,

I am rebuilding one of my sites with Genesis, theme Lifestyle Pro.

One thing that puzzles me, is that all meta-data (description, title, keywords) are not shown in the page editor. So it seems they got lost somewhere. But when I export my WP data, I still see the SEO meta data in the XML, such as:

<wp:postmeta>
    			<wp:meta_key>_seo_title</wp:meta_key>
    			<wp:meta_value><![CDATA[Open Training - Anker & Kompas]]></wp:meta_value>
    		</wp:postmeta>

If I check the page’s source code when it is displayed in my browser, these META tages do not show up. When I manually re-enter them, they are shown again, but of course I do not want to go through my entire site to repair this.

So what goes wrong and how do I get my META data back in place?

Thanks!

http://www.l2o.nl/feedback-met-effect/

anitac
    Participant

When you are writing a page or post, go up to Screen Options – click it and put a checkmark in SEO. You can set that for each individual page/post. The Global SEO setting is under the Genesis tab.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

dekruyff

Let me clear this: I do see the fields in which the SEO metadata can be entered, but they are empty although the data is in the WP database, as is proven by an XML-export.

anitac
    Participant

Is this a fresh install or did you switch themes?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

dekruyff

When I set up the site, I started with a third party theme, installed Genesis and it’s Sample theme and last week switched to Lifestyle Pro.

anitac
    Participant

Okay, that might explain it. Install and run the SEO Data Transporter. Follow the instructions.

dekruyff

Appreciate your support, but this only gives part of the solution. Only a few pages get their meta data back, former theme is not in the list, so there is no 1:1 transport possible. Most fields in most records are still empty.

dekruyff

OK. Solved it. Went inside the database and discovered the metadata from my old site had a different meta_key than when I had manually entered one in the Genesis environment. So I had to do 3 replace-queries to change _seo_title to _genesis_title (and -description and -keywords).

Glad it was this simple after all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.