Which child themes updated to Genesis 2?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Which child themes updated to Genesis 2?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 36 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  BillyB 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

mitchellm
    Participant

We have both WordPress 3.6 and Genesis 2 released. That’s great news! However, the previous info about which specific Genesis child-themes would get updated was vague. I don’t mind waiting if my particular theme will get updated. On the other hand, I do mind waiting for nothing! (i.e. there will be no update to my specific theme).

Does anyone have more specific info about what child-themes are likely to be updated?

I most interested in the Minimum theme (which I use), but I’m sure other users would like to know about the other themes as well. I may have missed the info, but currently not finding any specific complete info on updates.

jeremyers1
    Participant

I am looking for information on this too. I am a new customer, and only want to use a Child theme that is (or will be) updated to Genesis 2.0.

Blogger and Author

lynnita
    Participant

It’s a bit unclear, but in response to this post Brian indicated that probable order of release would be:
    Sixteen Nine
    eleven40
    Metro
    Executive
    Enterprise
    Lifestyle
    AgentPress
    Going Green
    Agency
    News
    Streamline

If I understand him correctly, those ones are already Genesis 2.0 ready and will probably be released at the maddeningly slow rate of 1 a week or so … :-)

William
    Participant

I’m disappointed to note that Minimum is not on that list. I hope it’s part of the plan, as I really like that theme.

mitchellm
    Participant

In the linked post above Brian states: “Just so we are clear — some themes like Outreach won’t get much of a design update, so the only true update to it will be the HTML5 markup piece.”

This could also be true for Minimum. And that’s fine for me. It’s just that I’d like greater clarity on the issue. If Minimum will only have the HTML5 markup piece added at some point, then going ahead and using it now should be fine. Whatever the real answer, I don’t want to be making design decisions based on tea leaves and smoke signals.

William
    Participant

I’m fine with the design of Minimum as it is. My only concern is that it’s feature complete with HTML5, microdata, etc. I never expected that they would re-design all of the old themes. Just make them compatible with the current features.

mitchellm
    Participant

Well, we’d all love new stuff in our favorite themes for free! But I agree with William: compatibilty is the main issue. And a pretty important one at that.

William
    Participant

I always liked the Eleven40 theme, but never used it. Now I think the changes make it ideal for one of my sites. Still have to play with everything on a test site first, but I’m looking forward to getting my hands dirty.

martialwarrior
    Participant

So Magazine will not be updated???

Marc

FWIW – Wes Straham expects to have the HTML5 Genesis child themes http://appfinite.com/ released tomorrow! Really looking forward to the updated Epik!

My updated themes will be released tomorrow, FWIW. #genesiswp Wes Straham (@WesStraham) August 7, 2013

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Marc.

jmrallen
    Participant

I wonder if StudioPress can add a column to the Downloads page indicating whether it’s been updated for Genesis 2.0. A simple Y/N would be helpful, since some of the themes currently are at version 2.0, which some people may think means “this is compatible with Genesis 2.0″

William
    Participant

That would be helpful.

rwboyd
    Participant

I too love and use the minimum theme (on a few personal and client websites) would love to see it 2.0 compatible! Also love the 2.0 Y/N idea on the mystudiopress downloads page!

fssbob
    Participant

Whether it be the idea for a “Y/N” box suggested above or some other approach, I think something is needed to help alleviate the confusion that’s going to occur when people assume a “2.0x” child theme has been updated to fully support Genesis 2.0. Thanks.

lynnita
    Participant

I agree — some indication on the downloads page that a theme is Genesis 2.0 / HTML5 ready would be SO helpful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.