Which child themes updated to Genesis 2?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Which child themes updated to Genesis 2?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 36 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  BillyB 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

jmdezigns
    Participant

I have successfully implemented & enabled HTML5 markup on two sites now running WP 3.6, Genesis2.0 and the Studiopress Maximum & BackCountry child themes. Will be glad to offer support to anyone needing to implement markup.

http://www.jmdezigns.com

http://www.hivaidszimbabwe.org

idealneal
    Participant

I have upgraded on six different sites with no problem, but with this one exception and I am stumped.

I have upgrade to 3.6 and genesis 2.0 using the backcountry theme.
    Everytime, however, that I have tried upgrading, my admin area goes blank.
    I have shut off all of my plug-ins, reinstalled 2.0, and reinstalled wordpress 3.6, but nothing seems to work. The only fix that works is to go back to the previous version of genesis.
    Does anyone have any ideas.
    thanks

nazz
    Participant

“those ones are already Genesis 2.0 ready and will probably be released at the maddeningly slow rate of 1 a week or so …”

What will the rate of release of new themes be? In serious need of new blood here.

mitchellm
    Participant

@Marc I’m new to WordPress and Genesis. Are Wes’ themes considered good? I like the look of Epik a lot, so I may pick it up, but I realistically know nothing about various WP-Genesis theme developers (except StudioPress).

lynnita
    Participant

Not Marc, but … the Epik theme was announced by and endorsed by StudioPress. They have been selective in what themes they endorse, so I would expect it to be “top-notch,” to use Brian’s words. HTH

speedmouse
    Participant

I’ve been away from Studio Press for about 2 years and am totally out of the loop. If a theme is going to be rewritten for genesis 2, when it happens does it mean that our site will visually fall to bits??

Many thanks for enlightenment in advance :)

mitchellm
    Participant

#lynnita: Thanks. Following your link I’d also be able to buy the theme for a nice discount! Mainly good to know about the endorsement. It seems to be a theme that will be perfect for one of my upcoming projects.

lynnita
    Participant

@speedmouse — I’ve been away from StudioPress for a bit, too — I finally got around to rejoining the forum! Check out this post, which explains a bit about switching to Genesis 2.0. Basically if all you do is upgrade to Genesis 2.0, nothing should break. If you upgrade to 2.0 AND enable HTML5 in your child theme, then you’ll need to redo some css and functions for your theme to work.

@mitchellm — Glad to help!

Marc

@mitchellm regarding Wes, Epik and Appfinite. My experience is I have used Optimal and Epik themes. In customizing the themes I find that Wes does an excellent organizing and commenting the functions and stylesheet for the themes he offers and the support is even better – altogether equal to Genesis. Plus lots of personal follow-up attention from Wes in the theme support forums.

SiegerVinnare
    Participant

Here’s another vote for the Minimum theme to get updated! Currently building 2 websites on it and it is one of my favorite themes to date.

Robert Neu
    Participant

If anyone is running an older theme that they’d like updated to 2.0, just let us know. We can’t sell HTML5 versions of SP themes because it wouldn’t be fair to StudioPress, but we’ll gladly update your theme for you.

We’ll probably also be publishing some tutorials for each of the older themes for anyone who would like to tackle it themselves. :)

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

jmdezigns
    Participant

UPDATE: I have had to roll back to Genesis 1.9 on both sites I initially believed I had successfully implemented HTML5 on. It turns out that although things looked ok viewing the sites on Safari, the sites were completely broken when viewed on IE.

jeremyers1
    Participant

Here is another vote for some sort of indication on the downloads page about whether or not the Child Themes are Genesis 2.0 compliant.

Blogger and Author

Mealtog
    Participant

How do I roll back to 1.9 so I can upgrade to 2? I Have RC2 now and don’t want to do the manual tweaks.

LuciO
    Participant

YES!!! A column in the download list showing when it was last updated would be VERY useful!
    The OLD website download page use to have that data – last updated date.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.