Which child themes updated to Genesis 2?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Which child themes updated to Genesis 2?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 36 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  BillyB 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Schreckgespenster
    Participant

Hi there,

really looking forward to make an update to Genesis 2.0. Just using Executive, Metro, Stretch, Education, Enterprise and Minimum. (Also some thirdparty themes).

All the themes are costumized in it’s own way. Now I am frightened to loose everything if I would update. Last week I had some problems with the WP 3.6 update but just fixed it in a day.

Should I wait that all themes are updated for Genesis 2.0? What do you think?

jmrallen
    Participant

I have updated my site, Daily Game, to both WordPress 3.6 and Genesis 2.0. It’s running an old theme that isn’t even technically supported anymore, and everything still seems to be working just fine. I did not enable HTML5, but in terms of upgrading alone, it still works perfectly fine.

So, if you’re concerned about upgrading to Genesis 2.0, doing the upgrade itself has been fine in my experience. It’s when you get to enabling HTML5 where the CSS and other issues may crop up. I don’t think you have to fear the upgrade itself or hold off until all the child themes have been updated. In actuality, they won’t “all” be updated anyway, so you’d be waiting a long time.

SDesign
    Participant

Hi All,

This looks like an easy solution for porting older XHTML child themes to HTML5:
    http://cobaltapps.com/genesis-xhtml-to-html5-css-converter/

I hope this helps.

fssbob
    Participant

1) My experience, like that of @jmrallen, was that the upgrade itself didn’t require any changes. I only needed to worry about those when I enabled HTML5.

2) When I enabled HTML5, I used the cobaltapps.com converter @SDesign refers to, and it worked perfectly. There were still some minor things to clean up afterward that a converter can’t catch. (For example, a class I had attached styling to in the footer was no longer there. Per a comment I found in the Genesis 2.0 code, this was an intentional change.)

Bob

rwboyd
    Participant

I’m seeing people referring to enabling html5 ??? I can’t see an option to do that once I upgraded to 3.6 and Genesis 2.0 I even changed my personal blog to the one of the two 2.0 compatible themes.

any help?

GJudy
    Participant

A very efficient suggestion about the updates.
    I also love the possibility having the updates come to the use location as other updates do.

BillyB
    Participant

A 2nd vote for Magazine theme. Just switched to it a couple of months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.