Which theme has a custom header per page?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Which theme has a custom header per page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JennyLon 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

webmiss
    Participant

I’ve been looking through the themes and I am trying to find one that would allow a header image at the top that can be changed according to the page or post you are looking at (featured header image). I also need a theme that would allow two navigation panels. Specifically a top navigation panel maybe above the header and one below the header.

To give more detail, this is what I am after. I am trying to figure out a way to combine two websites that are currently in two different subdomains. They are radio stations, one an am and one an fm station under one domain. They each have their own set of navigation links, but the manager wants to be able to use the main domain instead of having a subdomain for each. He has his reasons.

My thought was to have a navigation section for each station and whatever page a listener was looking at either the am or the fm, would have the logo related to the page and that station. Any page having to do with the am station would have the am logo at the top and any page having to do with the fm station would have the fm logo at the top. I hope I am clear in my description. It’s difficult to try to express. I’ve got it in my head.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

braddalton
    Participant

You can either install a plugin which enables you to add a custom header per page and post. http://en.wp.obenland.it/wp-display-header/

Or create a custom field with custom meta box which pretty much does the same thing as the plugin. This is more advanced but its highly customizable.

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad,
    I wanted to use this plugin for me though…on activation it say my theme does not currently support header
    so in order for it to do so, I was going to use and dd some code to say Genesis simple hooks do you know the specific line of code to use to get the plugin working for me on liftestyle (1.0) and where abouts over in simple hooks (what section) do I paste in this specif code please?

many thanks
    Jenny

braddalton
    Participant

Which theme are you using Jenny?

Please link to your site. Thanks

JennyLon
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

JennyLon
    Participant

Hi Brad I did reply to you privately did you get that?

braddalton
    Participant

braddalton
    Participant

webmiss
    Participant

Thanks Braddalton, Looks like that is just what I need.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply.

braddalton
    Participant

Its the easiest solution.

You could the same thing using CSS, PHP and/or custom fields however its a fair amount of work.

Angela
    Participant

Thanks for sharing this plugin! I was looking for something similar when I stumbled on this chain.

Brad, really appreciate all you do! Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge!

Angela – I write fiction, review books and get walked daily by a big dog.

braddalton
    Participant

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad you asked what theme we use its Lifestyle 1.0 I did mention it in my actual post as below re wp-display-header

Original post:

I wanted to use this plugin for me though…on activation it say my theme does not currently support header
    so in order for it to do so, I was going to use and dd some code to say Genesis simple hooks do you know the specific line of code to use to get the plugin working for me on liftestyle (1.0) and where about over in simple hooks (what section) do I paste in this specif code please?

braddalton
    Participant

Your theme will be updated in a few weeks. At the moment the plugin does not work with your theme however custom headers are supported with your theme. Only one can be used unless you add more with PHP code or CSS.

How many did you want to add?

JennyLon
    Participant

Firstly Brad, we don’t want to update Lifestyle 1.0 theme to next version – WHY?
    because a heck of a lot of custom work and time was done to this and a few other sites also using lifestyle 1.0 and its looks completely different when we tested it a as live test in 2.0 version stuff frankly got screwed up all over the place and would thus mean hours doing all the site starting right over!

We do need numerous headers for different pages How many? Gosh no idea it add hock as and when we feel it fit to what we have and new ideas/pages...any ideas we can do then to have different headers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.