Which theme has a custom header per page?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Which theme has a custom header per page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 34 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JennyLon 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

braddalton
    Participant

There’s multiple options which i have written about already.

You can use CSS or PHP and a custom field if you want to easily add more in the future.

http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-unique-header-images-using-custom-fields/

JennyLon
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Please appreciate I am a total newbie to do with any coding ! (Someone way back did the site for us to customize at the time its borders, content width far wider and other things)

Hence the plug WOULD have been ideal for me BUT you think my lifestyle theme version 1.0 will not work with the header plugin then?

If so Darn-it would have been sooo much easier

So hence I have read your Your information link as above “You can use CSS or PHP and a custom field if you want to easily add more in the future”. (http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-unique-header-images-using-custom-fields/)

Sorry it went right over my head! Could not work out what SPECIFIC code is the right one for me to add (and where to place it or use Genesis hooks maybe better choice?) in my outcome to ultimately do this:

Have the home page with it own header and yet this may also be repeated across several pages etc BUT then other pages (which ones have no idea till we do them) would have their own unique header image (all images will be same size throughout though – keeps it simpler)-:

How would I then also once a new page has been created or ( existing version) to tell it to now USE a specific header for that particular page?
    (I get I have to upload header images and name them how do Then tell a page to use THAT specific image?)

many thanks Jenny

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  JennyLon.

braddalton
    Participant

Link to your site please Jenny.

braddalton
    Participant

Here’s the solution http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/minimum-add-image-to-every-page-on-top-of-tagline-widget/

Simply change the hook in the code from [php]genesis_after_header[/php] to [php]genesis_header[/php]

JennyLon
    Participant

Hi Brad

you said here is the solution and a link…this lady did not seem in the end to do it though?

plus I have no idea specifically what code I would use and goes where, Also am I using simple hooks, or something else such as another plugin to set things up and do all this?

The site is TheUltimateTherapist (dot com) the header is the one at the very top pointing etc, we would like different headers for certain pages other then same on the home page throughout the site.

Thank Jenny

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad I replied to your last post Sept 26th not heard back from you?
    Jenny

braddalton
    Participant

Hi Jenny.

I have written about this several times providing several solutions which i have tested.

Here’s another solution you may wish to try http://wpsites.net/web-design/custom-header-images-with-a-default/

What stage are you up to as far as implementing any of these solutions?

JennyLon
    Participant

Hi Brad
    many thanks for taking this back up with me- and getting back to me. Where I am on this is, well a little confused at to placement of code i.e. where to specifically place the code ….I looked at your instructions in the latest link http://wpsites.net/web-design/custom-header-images-with-a-default/

In there it said your function php file hence so do I paste this at the top OR at the bottom etc? of this file?

Right now there is various bunch of code for the header image in the themes STYLE sheet where it appears on every page next question, so what do I specifically do to that – anything?

Do I need to delete anything there , change anything etc?

If you can kindly guide me on that Great ….and I think the plugin you mentioned Advanced Custom Fields plugin and copy the settings looks easy so hopefully can try this and will use it to apply and have different headers for different PAGES using the plugin by the looks of things . Oh and they will all same size anyway.

3rd Question I am happy with the existing home page header image to be still applied to the home page how do I keep that for home page and maybe several others?

look forward to hearing back

Jenny

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad – not heard back from you to my last reply etc please see above!
    Jenny

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad I have replied to you several times now on this giving latest feedback etc…if you don’t want to help further let me know I will repost and re word again

thanks.
    Jenny

braddalton
    Participant

Hello Jenny

In there it said your function php file hence so do I paste this at the top OR at the bottom etc? of this file?

Paste the PHP code at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++

JennyLon
    Participant

Hi Brad

thanks for where to place the code I also asked though:
    Right now there is various bunch of code for the header image in the themes STYLE sheet where it appears on every page next question, so what do I specifically do to that – anything?

Do I need to delete anything there , change anything etc?

I think the plugin you mentioned Advanced Custom Fields plugin and copy the settings looks easy so hopefully can try this and will use it to apply and have different headers for different PAGES using the plugin by the looks of things . Oh and they will all same size anyway.

I am happy with the existing home page header image to be still applied to the home page how do I keep that for home page and maybe several others?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  JennyLon. Reason: forgot something
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  JennyLon. Reason: forgot something

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad please resond to my last message
    thanks
    Jenny

braddalton
    Participant

All the steps are detailed in the tutorial Jenny.

Using custom fields is not the only way to add different header images on different pages and posts. The WP Display Header plugin is a far easier solution.

JennyLon
    Participant

Brad

Keep trying to ask you the code you mentioned gets applied to to the php function sheet…. BUT also right now there is still a whole bunch of code applied already to my THEME style sheet for my heading which right now is on every page …

so what do I specifically do to that –
    Keep it, ignore it or change anything?

please let me know
    thanks
    Jenny

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.