Which theme to choose?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Which theme to choose?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sminker
    Participant

I have a client who would like to have a single page website with smoothly scrolling links to separate sections on the page. Any ideas on which StudioPress theme would work for this and which plugin to use to accomplish this task?

She would also like to be able to easily edit each section of the page.

I see that woothemes has a theme called “One Pager,” http://demo2.woothemes.com/?name=theonepager which is similar to what she wants, but I already have Genesis, and I would like to stick with it.

The theme should also be responsive, too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

sally minker

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s an interesting question. I think I know what you mean. You have lots of goodies on the homepage itself, and all links will go “smoothly” to another place on the homepage instead of to another page. I’ve heard that this can be a somewhat less-than optimal situation from an SEO standpoint, but I can see why people like it.

AFAIK, no Genesis stock themes do that. There are a bunch of Studiopress themes that have nice home templates fed by widgets that give that general “lots on the homepage” feel, like Epik, which I am running as my homepage now. You can put TONS of stuff on its homepage, but the menus don’t do that type of “on-page” linking. That being said, it wouldn’t necessarily be too hard to set one up, it sounds like a fun custom job. :-)

So sorry, no simple Genesis answer, unless I’m mistaken and there’s one like that I missed.

Best, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

sminker
    Participant

Thanks, Dave. Epik looks very nice. Not sure it will work for my client, but it is definitely a nice theme in the spirit of what she wants.

David Chu
    Participant

You’re welcome. That was one example. Other thoughts:

Minimum and Modern Portfolio may be in the same league. Minimum has the slight edge of already being HTML5. To get what she’s looking for it would probably require some work, but not too bad. And someone like me could hook you up with the “smooth linking”. :-)

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.