Why does clicking "reply" reload webpage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Why does clicking "reply" reload webpage

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tony
    Participant

I don’t remember this ever happening. When I reply to a comment now, it reloads the whole webpage and places the reply box at the very bottom.

I used to just click reply and it would immediately open a comment box right below the comment I’m replying to.

Now I have to wait for the webpage to reload and find the comment I’m replying to again and scroll up and down over and over again to reread the comment as I reply.

Any ideas?

http://www.coachcalorie.com/not-eati…o-lose-weight/

—————————————-

I was asked to move this post to the new forums, so my followup after the suggestion to disable all plugins and try again was:

Disabled, and nothing. I suspect the issue lies in this code.

add_filter( 'comments_open', 'my_comments_open', 10, 2 );

function my_comments_open( $open, $post_id ) {
    if(!is_admin()){

// change these post ID's to have comments open
    $open_comments_post_IDs = array(84, 108, 358, 424, 1274, 1385, 1447, 1516, 1613, 1700, 2766, 2802, 2873, 2942, 3077, 3281, 3316, 3605, 5213);

if(in_array($post_id, $open_comments_post_IDs) && !$open) {
    $open = true;
    }

}

return $open;
    }

I’m using it to close all comments after 14 days but to also keep comments open on specific posts. Do you see anything wrong with the code that would cause the issue?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Tony.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Tony.

Susan

Are you still having the issue? I clicked “reply” to reply to a comment, and didn’t see what you were describing.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.