Why is Genesis Widgets Slow vs Stock WP Themes?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Why is Genesis Widgets Slow vs Stock WP Themes?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

I love the Genesis child themes. However, I’ve noticed there is a noticeable time lag when opening the sidebar widget areas while in admin. The widget section of stock WordPress themes (such as the GPL “Bones”) opens instantly, by comparison. This is with just one plugin (the WordPress import), the same version of WordPress: WordPress 3.6-beta3-24398.

Am I missing something?

http://www.ithacaindy.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I have no conclusive answer, but a couple thoughts. The first one is that I’m not far from Ithaca myself. :-)

Anyhow, I’ve never run into that problem, but I don’t trust beta versions of anything very much. I like to let other poor schmucks do that pre-testing for me. I’ll assume that you are using the exact same images and CSS on Eddie’s theme and your Genesis child theme.

I also don’t know if you’re using Eddie’s Genesis/Bones theme, or the straight Bones theme, which are different. If you’re using straight Bones, it may indeed be faster without the Genesis overhead, in the same way that something like plain Twenty Eleven may run somewhat faster than Genesis.

I used Bones/Genesis on one site, but abandoned it, because he has so much fancy (and admittedly very nice) code, that I had to spend too much time finding where stuff was, and undoing things that didn’t fit my developer tastes.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.