Widen Content Area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Widen Content Area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  virtual 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

virtual
    Participant

I would like to widen my content box (inner) ofr my pages.  However when I increase the width, the sidebar does not justify to the right  and I do not gain the wider width of my content box.

I don’t know where to find the code to move the sidebar over to allow for a wider area for my content box.

http://hometeamaz.com

matt.berg
    Participant

Could you post some code so we can see what you’ve tried?

Without seeing the code, it sounds like you might have to adjust more than one element. For example, looking at the www.hometeamaz.com/scottsdale/ page, if the #content-sidebar-wrap has a defined width, the #content and #sidebar divs must have a combined width equal to that. If you change the width of one you must change the width of the other. Basically make sure you’re targeting the right element and make sure everything adds up.

Hope that helps!

virtual
    Participant

When I use Firebug here’s what is displayed for the inner (content) and the Sidebar (featured -bottom right)

#inner {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    box-shadow: 0 0 10px #DDDDDD;
    margin: 0 auto;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 20px;
    width: 960px;
    .featured-bottom-right {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FCFCFC;
    border: 1px solid #F3F3F3;
    float: right;
    padding: 20px;
    width: 305px;

Here’s what I have when I look for #content-sidebar-wrap:
    #content-sidebar-wrap {
    float: left;
    width: 750px;
    }
    .content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .full-width-content #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-content #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 960px;
    }
    .sidebar-content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-sidebar-content #content-sidebar-wrap {
    float: right;
    }
    .archive.full-width-content #content-sidebar-wrap, .home.full-width-content #content-sidebar-wrap, .page-template-home-demo-php.full-width-content #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 1003px;
    }
    .agentpress-landing #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 700px;
    }
    /* Content

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.