Widen Prose theme to feel like eleven40?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Widen Prose theme to feel like eleven40?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wendycholbi 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

aimee
    Participant

Hi there! I’d like to widen my Prose site’s overall dimensions to look and feel more like the eleven40 theme (gorgeous!!). I realize it probably just requires simple CSS modifications, but I want to make sure I modify everything necessary while maintaining responsiveness, and I seem to be having trouble doing that.

So two questions: Which container widths do I need to increase? When I tried to widen wrap, the entire site shifted to the right. That’s challenge #1. Challenge #2: Once I get the wrap wide and centered, do I need to widen only the header and the footer? Will everything else automatically fit into the new widths?

Also, does anyone have any sort of diagram that maps out Prose’s out-of-the-box layout dimensions?

Thanks!

http://sukha.creatrixdesign.net/devsite

wendycholbi
    Participant

This thread has several CSS snippets for widening the Prose theme (that question was about a width of 1100px; tweak the numbers to add up to 1140px if that’s your desired width). You’ll need to widen the content (and optionally sidebar) areas to fill your new wider site, in addition to widening things like the header and footer.

Paste your CSS snippets into Genesis –> Custom Code –> Custom CSS and save changes.

The Genesis Visual Markup Guide (also referenced in the above-linked thread) doesn’t give pixel dimensions for Prose, but it does show which boxes fit inside which other boxes (so you can see which boxes need to be widened), and you can use the selectors shown on that guide to search your style.css for default dimensions.

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.