Widget area between header and nav-bar in Genesis Sample Theme 1.9

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widget area between header and nav-bar in Genesis Sample Theme 1.9

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  betsie 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

betsie
    Participant

I’ve added a widget area (for a slider) under the header. What I would like to do is move the nav-bar below the slider, in other words: placing the new widget area with slider between the header and the nav-bar. If anybody can help – I would be grateful!

Betsie

Charlie
    Participant

Hi Betsy

This is a little bit involved, so I wrote up a wee tutorial on how to do it. If anyone reading this knows of a better approach, please let me know!

Betsy, if you get stuck, or it doesn’t work, give me a shout.

betsie
    Participant

Hoi Charlie, thank you so much! Looking at your demo, this is exactly what I’m looking for.

Unfortunately it didn’t work in my case, maybe because I used the Nivo slider. I will try again with the Genesis slider and let you know.

Anita
    Participant

@betsie, if Charlie’s tutorial doesn’t help you – Brian Gardner has one that might work for you – http://www.briangardner.com/welcome-text-widget/. Although it’s called Welcome, you can rename it or just use it the way you want.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

betsie
    Participant

Dear Anita, that is the tutorial I used to get the widget for the slider! What I need now is to put the slider above the nav-bar.  I’m going to try a custom menu and place that below the slider in the same widget.

Thank you for your kind advice!

Anita
    Participant

It may not format correctly – go vertical instead of landscape. Report back. But to get it to go above the navigation you want to use the genesis_after_header hook instead of the genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap.

Here is a helpful tool – http://genesistutorials.com/visual-hook-guide/

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

betsie
    Participant

Hi Anita, I used the after header hook the first time, as I figured out that was the only way to get it right. Slider is looking good, but navbar still showed before slider.

Tonight I tried this:  http://www.crunchyblogger.com/how-to-change-position-of-navigation-menu-in-genesis/. But navbar still appears above slider. I think I totally miss something and leave it the way it is for now (customer is happy) and digg into this later.

Thank you for your help so far. What do you mean by going vertical instead of landscape?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.