Widget Area On Top Of Slider

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Widget Area On Top Of Slider

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ryanc
    Participant

I am using the Executive Pro theme and I would like to create a widget within the Slider widget area so that I can put an IDX search widget on top of the Genesis Slider.

Is this possible and if so how?

I have seen many tutorials on creating widget areas, and I know I have seen sites put these widgets on top of sliders, but just unsure how to go about this process.

Thanks

http://www.forsaleinmn.com

Susan

Ryan:

Rather than adding a widget area, have you just considered adding whatever it is you want to add into the same widget? Most widget areas don’t have height restrictions, so that might be an easier alternative for you…

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Ryanc
    Participant

I was looking to put an IDX search on top of the Genesis Slider. I did however figure this out, but it took a while. There are literally thousands of regurgitated tutorials on how to add a widget area into Genesis, but nobody really gets into much detail after that. I finally found a great CSS site that was discussing the z-index, which I had not heard of, I don’t know too much :)

I added a high z-index to the styling of the new widget, which put it on top of the slider, positioned, styled it and done. Now I can have my search widget placed nicely on top of the Genesis Slider.

Susan

Glad you got it resolved!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Widget Area On Top Of Slider’ is closed to new replies.