widget box area spacing is off

Community Forums Forums General Discussion widget box area spacing is off

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  restmin 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

restmin
    Participant

I am using Lifestyle/Genesis on two sites. One site has exactly what I want and it’s working. I did the same thing on the second site and the spacing is off.

I have attached an image with screenshots.

I am using the plugin Datafeedr plugin and cannot figure out why the spacing box from my theme will not automatically have the height be wide enough. It rotates images with a link to each image.

RestMinistries.com is where I have the boxes squeezing against each other. I have moved widgets, removed widgets, etc. Unlike the site where it is correct (invisibleillnessweek.com) it bumps into whatever is near it and when it is the only widget in the side bar it still will not have a large enough height.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong and how to conform the widget boxes to be the right size? The images are just 280 x 70 but it wants to try to overlap it on the box that is about 280×10.

Thanks!

PS: If you have a suggestion for a different plugin that rotates “ads” with links that is simple and would work, that is ok too.

screenshot

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  restmin.
    http://restministries.com

Gary Jones

Did you fix this? If not, can you be more specific (and reupload you screenshot) about which boxes are clashing together?

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

restmin
    Participant

thanks for checking. I hired someone on fiverr to fix it for me and he said it was some kind of a <div> tag issue, though I am not entirely sure what he did. Now it just started happening again because, when I had a conflict with a display widget (where you can decide what widget to show on what page), it made the 3rd box.

You can see it at restministries.com, sshot attached. If you have any ideas I’d be grateful. thanksscreenshot, widget overlay

Gary Jones

That third ad image has a class of alignleft being applied to it (the others don’t), so the image is being floated left, and the container isn’t clearing the floats.

If you can edit the widget contents, then you can try and look for an img element and class attribute. I think the contents may be being populated with a script though, so it may not be that easy.

The other solution is to apply a overflow: hidden; property and value to the #sidebar .widget {} selector, around line 958 of your child theme style.css:

[css]
    #sidebar .widget {
    background: #fff url(images/sidebar-top.png) top no-repeat;
    margin: 0 0 10px;
    padding: 9px 9px 4px;
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    [/css]

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

restmin
    Participant

ahh, thank you, Gary! that did the trick! appreciate your help sooo much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘widget box area spacing is off’ is closed to new replies.