Widget places wrong in header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Widget places wrong in header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Annaedv 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Annaedv
    Participant

Hello. I´m using Executive Theme. The menus are placed in “right header” and I want to add a widget to the right of the menu. The extra widget is forcing it self to the left…what can I do?

AC
    Blocked

Please post a link to your website so we can take a look at what you have. Thanks!

Annaedv
    Participant

AC
    Blocked

You are trying to place it where your Navigation is located. That space is 75% wide as shown below:

#header .widget-area {

float: right;
        width: 75%;

}

Change the width to about 35% or 45%. Keep in mind that if you add more links to your Navigation, you may need to widen it again, which would move the icon.

AC
    Blocked

You know what, maybe try this first. After I thought about this may work better for you.

Add this to the bottom of your Style.css file.

#text-2 {
    width: 10%;
    float: right;
    }

Try either one to see.

Annaedv
    Participant

Hello. Sorry, I don´t think anything happend…

AC
    Blocked

The problem is that the Navigation is designated for that area. You are trying to use two things in the same area. I see you were able to add an image to your Navigation also. Because your have so many tabs, I personally don’t think you will be able to achieve what you are looking for. You may have better luck placing those in the footer. But someone else may have a better solution for you.

Annaedv
    Participant

Yes, I can place the picture in my menu. BUT then the menu separates it self from the slider picture! In original the menu and the slider is together (block to block) but when I put in the picture in the menu they separats with 4 mm…

Annaedv
    Participant

I think there is room for one more small text/html-widget in my Righet Header. I don´t know how to move the text/html-widget to the right side of the menu! Any one?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.