Widget to display "featured posts" from other blogs

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widget to display "featured posts" from other blogs

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tal 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tal
    Participant

I’m working on a website that is kind of a portal that will bring together information from a couple of my other websites in addition to its own unique content. What I’d like is a plugin that works in a similar way to the featured posts widget but instead of pulling posts from the local website actually pulls posts from one of my other sites (also using genesis).

All the RSS feed widgets I’ve found do little more than pull in the link for the latest feed items, but I’d like to be able to add the excerpt and featured image as well.

Does anyone know if this is already possible – or would anyone be willing to create such a plugin for me? I am willing to pay a moderate fee if something custom needs to be made.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

See if this works for you – http://wordpress.org/plugins/rss-image-widget/

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Tal
    Participant

Thanks.. but from what I can see without actually installing it, it doesn’t give you the option to have an excerpt of the post, just the title/image.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tal.

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Here is plugin to show excerpts http://wordpress.org/plugins/better-rss-widget/

Quick preview suggest, it does not support images.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

AC
    Blocked

There are a few ways of doing this. You can use FeedWordpress which aggregates content. Or use the WP RSS Aggregator.

Tal
    Participant

WP RSS Aggregator almost does the job. Unfortunately even with the excerpts & thumbnails paid addon you can only use one feed image and not the featured image of the post which is what I wanted.. so it looks like I might still be looking for a custom designed option ..

you’ll see how the site’s looking now at marveltv.org - the posts at the bottom of the page are from the external sites, it would be much better if I could have individual featured post images rather than a standard image. I did try another plugin (on the external site) to add images to the RSS feed but that appears to have no effect.

AC
    Blocked

I forgot about this one. The WP RSS Multi Importer. This might be what you want.

Tal
    Participant

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I tried WP RSS Multi Importer before posting here but couldn’t get it to work. Just tried again and now I’ve managed to get it working and darn it for throwing away money on the other one!
    Thanks for your prompt so that I tried again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.