Widgets emptying themselves after WP upgrade

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widgets emptying themselves after WP upgrade

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pinky 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pinky
    Participant

hi there

Initially I thought I was going a little crazy (that still might be the case :( )…. however on 3 different sites over the last few days the widgets have emptied themselves.

I’ll be looking at the front end and the site will look perfect, I go into the widgets and they’ll all be empty apart from primary sidebar, so then I go to the front end again – and sure enough all widgets are gone.

Any ideas or thoughts?

cheers

Pinky

Susan

Pinky – I’ve answered a couple of support questions over the past week about this – it appears to be a WordPress bug, where widgets will suddenly show up in the list of “inactive widgets”, especially if you have previewed another theme…

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27897

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Pinky
    Participant

Hi Susan

Thanks for that – is there a resolution tho…. I can’t understand what’s being said over there!

It’s a little concerning that this has been going on for 3 weeks now.

cheers

Pinky

Susan

As far as I know, there’s no resolution – that was just providing the link to the changelog, so you would know that the bug has been identified.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

essaysnark
    Participant

That bug was supposedly fixed in 3.9.1 though there are some reports of similar issues still remaining when themes are being upgraded in conjunction with a WP upgrade.

Pinky
    Participant

yeah certainly hasn’t been fixed – it’s driving me absoutely crazy!

cheers

Pinky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.