Widgets vs HTML

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Widgets vs HTML

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CarlosCustom
    Participant

Hi, i come from developing webistes with WooCanvas and just purchased the Genesis Framework and i have a simple question.

I found that genesis child themes pretty much came with several widgetized areas for the home page.

When i develop a theme however, i pretty much create a Page, assign it to front page in the WP reading settings, and add HTML to the page. I use divs and css floats, to make different columns layouts, and use a plugin that can make any WP plugin output a shortcode, so i use those shortcodes in my HTML. – no need to use widget areas-

My question is, is there any benefits to use widgetized areas insted of what im doing?.

I always want to learn from other developers/designers.

Best regards.

anitac
    Participant

Well it save you a lot of time and coding. That’s just my opinion. If you want to create other areas on the site you can register new widget areas and style them in your style.css. I guess it’s really a personal preference.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.